Saturday, September 15, 2012

The End of the First Week of School

 The first week of class is coming to an end and I'm just about to apply for the second half of my classes. So far, my classes aren't too difficult. My body is finally adjusting to my new surroundings. I had the runs for a while and  I was extremely glad my doctor prescribed me medicine for just in case. (: I'm about to start out on another week of school with my elective classes! The CSU coordinator planned a trip for the National Day Holiday (we get 9 days off) so I'm excited for that! 

Some more pictures for you all to see!


Xia Bu Xia Bu Hot Pot. You're not supposed to take a picture but I snagged one! (: There are Xia Bu's everywhere here! Normally with others I end up eating about $7 USD.


A couple of my Chinese Books for class.


I realized there are basically two flavors in China, spicy or salty.  These dishes were definitely salty!


Studying at an expensive cafe! I had a royal milk tea! It was so interesting.  It had a hint of zest in the milk tea with honey on the side.  The honey definitely made the milk tea taste good.

The sun was just setting in my neighborhood.

This is a statue right by one of the buildings for my class.  Notice the people doing taichi in the background.  They are there very often. Sometimes people practicing martial arts will also practice here.


The sun was setting and I thought this looked beautiful.  This is just by 4th Ring Road by Bei Da

Also, another pretty picture as the sun sets. 

This is the building of where I live. It's one of the more modern buildings


The lobby of my building! The chandelier is huge!


There's a theatre at my school and this huge picture was up.  I tried to copy the man on the lower left.


This is Bei Da's library!! You have to have a 500 RMB deposit to receive a library card!

I'm standing on "Stone Boat" with one of the towers on campus.


This is one of my language partners! 


Wooooo! This was spicy! One of my roommates and I ate at a Si Chuan place and boy was it spicy! These spices numb your tongue.


A picture with me at the Si Chuan place.  The red little lumps are big spicy peppers!


On one of the nights, we went to a kabob place! It was super filling.   We also had a refreshing salad on the side.  This was a meaty meal.  Normally, when ordering a dish and "meat" is in it, you're only offered bits of it.  It gets a little scarce.


I'm doing fine in Beijing and I'm excited for what's to come ahead! 

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, thank you for including so many pictures. I'm really excited for this experience that you're having. Keep the blogs and pictures coming. You're in our prayers.

    Pastor Joe

    ReplyDelete