Saturday, September 22, 2012

On and On and On

I've been trying to cook at home as much as possible, but a little pricy here. Depending on where I eat, it might be cheaper to eat out then to stay home and cook.

I just finished my first week with a full class load of 20 hours a week, that translates to 17 CSU units.  I'm meeting a lot of foreigners in my class.  I never realized how many people knew how to speak English; Denmark  Switzerland, Norway, Korean, Japanese, etc. people know how to speak English and they speak it fairly well!


I went to HouHai Park in Beijing! This was a map of it.  It's a park with some of it's traditional buildings still standing.  Some parts were touristy.  You could rent bikes to ride around the lakes and look at things.


This is a guy fishing.  Look at how long the pole extends! 


Theres a tiny yellow dot by the boat in the lake.  It's someone swimming in the lake.  It's really dirty in the lake. I can't imagine anyone swimming in this lake!  That's also a traditional building.  You can't even enter the building.


This is at one end of the lakes at HouHai Park.


The girl with the green backpack is one of my roommates. We were still walking along the lake on one of the bigger paths.


Milk tea on campus?! Yes please! 


Two of my roommates. The one on the left is from SF state and the one in the middle is from CSU eastbay. 


This is my other language partner! She's a first year graduate student at PKU.


I was waiting in line for my egg waffles and this guy had a cool khaki leather backpack with a message on it. It was so odd! I think it's a bad translation of a great Chinese poem.


Sunsets are different in Beijing.


Seasweed salad! so good! Beijing has different flavors which are mainly used.  There's vinegar, salty, or spicy.  This was a cool, refreshing dish.


I went to San Li Tuan District and this is the SOHO area.  It is so modern and full of foreign brands! There's Nike, Birkenstock, Coldstone's Creamery, Lacoste, etc.

Another picture of San Li Tuan and a few of my new friends from Cornell!


Along the stairway, there was an interesting water staircase with pebbles. I found it interesting.


A few of my friends from Cornell!

Two roommates and I getting our dinner on! 


My roommate tried to squeeze my eyeball.


I was at Master Kong's Restaurant.  The side dish is a refreshing cucumber salad.  It has become on e of my favorites in Beijing.  There's also a lack of veggies and meat served when ordering any dish here.  The noodles was a spicy pork noodle.


A quick photo of a mini night market by the mall.


I drew my classmate in the Chinese book.  He's a monk from Thailand! His name is Pai.


In an alleyway by my home, there was a movie being shot!  


This is a night shot from my friend's apartment.  He lives on the 27th floor.


My friend Tony Mac is a photographer and he helped out with an advertisement with the HTC phone a while ago. Guess what? his face is still in China! haha


A lady had her goose tied by the leg.  She was just walking it around! 


I joined a few clubs this past week! I joined a guitar association, drum club, volleyball club, and calligraphy club.  This was calligraphy club! These guys were a little shy with taking this photo with.... since i just met them!


There have been many things whirling around in my life, especially new Chinese, words, phrases, and grammar. It just goes on and on and on. My goal for the year's end is to speak as if I'm a native! 


1 comment: